Sunday, March 14, 2010

The BEST Gifts!

Are the unexpected ones!

My dear friend received the purple quilt yesterday, along with a lovely apron I made to match her kitchen - blue faux suede embroidered with Chinese lettering/saying, with blue/white floral oriental brocade pockets matching reverse side.
Always appreciative of the effort someone gives even if a gift isn't "just right", she was elated. And she truly appreciates the irony behind the quilt. I felt as if I were doing battle each time I sat down to quilt that baby... yet at the same time there was an element of relaxation and satisfaction as I saw it come together. I am so glad I did it and decided to give it to her!

2 comments:

  1. glad the quilt is done! do you have pics of the apron. Sounds very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura...I didn't take apron pics... or maybe I did on my phone camera which died. Maybe I can get my friend to take/send photos.

    ReplyDelete